PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Federal Election 2010: Which party will support Aviation?
Old 9th May 2010, 07:13
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Howdy Chimbu

I just REALLY wonder about single issue voters.
Whats wrong with voting based on a single issue? If one party wanted to re-introduce conscription would that single issue be enough to sway your vote? Or pick any area you feel strongly about one way or the other. I don't usually vote based on a single issue but I happen to strongly oppose any government censoring of the net and seeing as though old Tony hasn't come out and opposed this proposal its fair to say he's all for it too.

Is there truly nothing else about Rudd that gives you pause?
Yes there is, but they are issues where Abbott isn't any better.

Abbott is a religious nutjob? Remind me again who has organised, I would argue cynically, to be filmed outside a church every Sunday?
Yes he is. I never said Rudd was any better. This is another reason I won't be voting for either.

I wouldn't consider not voting for him because he believes in a faith that has been bedevilled by a tiny % (in the grand scheme) of paedophiles - is that the basis of your dislike of Abbott Fonz121?
I don't think anyone who believes in any Faith as fanatically as he does should be put in charge of the country. A few issues directly linked to his faith,

- Women's rights
- Gay rights
- Euthanasia debate

Before you point it out, I do realise Rudd isn't much better in these areas. That's why I would like to see a PM not linked to religion. So they can govern on behalf of everyone. Not just the deluded. But I guess Im a bit stuck for choice in that area.

Looks like it will have to be these guys... The Australian Sex Party

I especially like this policy,

"Ending the tax exempt status for religions."