PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2010, 02:23
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767Capt;
Very frustrating to see "fellow" pilots posting messages here, acting like ambulance chasing lawyers or newspaper reporters with absolutely nothing to do with aviation.
This thread, Air France thread, all the same..
If that's all you see then I submit that you're not reading either thread very thoroughly. Yes, there are a few comments which are pretty blunt and off the mark but there are many more thoughtful contributions from experienced aviators both here and on the AF447 thread. I see no "ambulance chasing" comments among those who fly nor do I see a brashness that ignores the fundamental fact that any one of us could have been that crew.

What I do see then is puzzlement and an earnest search for a reasonable, rational explanation for why three of our colleagues stalled their airplane when nobody, even the safety pilot who's job it was to notice such things precisely because the guys up front may indeed become inadvertently distracted by the training regime, noticed how far the speed had bled off.

How many of us have had a serious, unexpected incident? Have each one of us who do airline transport work not been there at some point in our careers and not made headlines but learned that we are not invincible?

As for those who make blunt comments, examine them and decide if that's just bluntness or is it something meaner? If so, don't read the poster's work anymore and turn to what you believe is from earnest professionals.