PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Certifcates issued on basis of ICAO licence - STOPPED
Old 20th Jul 2002, 21:58
gorky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT PANIC,
there are every years million of visitors coming to the US.
Some come to fly.So think now, all these tourists can not rent anymore an aircraft for 5 or 10 hours to enjoy a freedom sky.
What will happen? less money for the US, schools and manufacter...
It's not so much money!, I agree, but since the JAA-FCL, US schools have lost thousand of Students, since the 9/11 schools are loosings thousand of Arab Students, since the non ICAO validation license, they are loosing thousand of tourists and the list will continue until a certain point the congress will say:STOP!
just relax guys, The US have a lot to do right now, they have to clean the house and to start on new base.INS, FBI,CIA...some gov office like the INS can disapear in a couple of months.The FAA has to change things.
How do you will react if some stupid jerks take a B767 of british airways and crash on your big ben, or worse, on your queen palace...I am sure you will do the same thing!
when this happen (9/11)I was in the USA. It pissed me off!
so guys, be patient, new rules are coming and everything will be better for us, european pilots.