PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Federal Election 2010: Which party will support Aviation?
Old 6th May 2010, 10:48
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Non-partisan

G'day Chaser

I was ranting to one of my students today about the state of the industry. He asked "Who should I vote for?" and so I looked up the policies.

I have only reported what I found on the net, which is what all of us already know: Aviation does not matter to mainstream Australia so long as they think they're getting cheap fares on the J curve.

I am more than aware of the Nat's track record on this; John Anderson was my local member for a good many years. He was addressing the Chamber of Commerce in 1998 and I stood up and asked him about the state of the aviation industry. Many of my points made above were relevant then too.

His response was that "We recognise that it's very important, but I think you will find it was the Hawke Labor government that created all those problems".

I wasn't quick enough to respond "If it's important then why aren't you doing anything about it?"

I worked for Col Pay at the time, his opinion (like Torres') was that Anderson was the worst Minister for Aviation this country has ever seen