PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 13:54
Ops Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ReadyToGo

The stands are allocated seasonally in to our stand planning software, although there can be many stand changes on any given day due to operational delays, slots, aircraft type changes or stands out of service ect. The actual allocation of the stand is based on the size of aircraft and what the aircraft is actually doing. Domestic - domestic, intetnational - international or domestic - international. Only certain stands can be used for domestic - international , international - domestic. For example, an easy jet from Palma and out to Bristol would usually be allocated a dual stand so the passengers can be walked off in to international arrivals and then be walked from a domestic gate on to the aircraft for the outbound flight. We work closely with the control authorities to ensure we remain compliant with DFT regulations (we can't just put them where we want).

Yes it's more about practicalities. Although there are many occasions when the Pier stands all have aircraft on them and we have to park remote.

BA will always get the airbridge on stand 3 as they are the only domestic carrier who will pay for the use of it. The remaining stands with airbridges are all used by the remaining airlines. Although Emirates will always get the airbridge on the end of the Pier, for 2 reasons. 1) It's the only stand on the Pier that can accommodate an A330 2) It's Emirates.

Jet 2 did tend to stand around for days at a time during the winter season, therefore we would allocate it a remote stand. Regarding the TCX on an airbridge stand and not using the airbridge, this could of been down to a number of reasons. The airbridge may of been out of service or the ground staff may not have been trained to operate it.

Hope I've answered your questions, I've tried to keep my answers as simple as possible without going in to too much detail.