PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monday Pay Talks Deadline.......
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2002, 17:32
Richard Everest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Friendly controller et al

Sister, do your BEC deserve credit for getting a 10% pay deal? No, one shouldn't attempt to run before one can walk- but have they actually tried crawling (pardon the poor joke) before walking? What would your definition of walking be in this case? They give the impression of being a bit toothless quite frankly and easily fobbed off!

I must add my congratulations to the Management team in that they have a "headline" pay offer on the table (including the bit that won't kick in until the sought after 2 year deal has nearly finished), dragged all sorts of extras into a "pay deal" that really have no connection with, or any business being associated with, pay. The boys and girls at LATCC are thrown a "sweetener" which, again, is a "headliner" to try and sway (or at least divide) the vote there whilst the rest of the country will just vote yes anyway (probably) because 10% is the mythical figure every ATCO apparently aspires to- usually over one year but the “grab it while you can” brigade will win in the end (ignoring that the reality of the deal is 4.25% this year, 5.5% next- God, you lot are gullible!). Whereas your union brethren in the civil service jump up and down and actually DO strike, over a greater offer, the predictable ATCOs, well, don’t. Remember your mandate to strike over PPP? Remember what happened? Anyone try to take a tube yesterday?

To those who suggest that the BEC may be self-serving over the buy-back of TOIL, you may say that but I couldn’t possibly comment!

I’ll try not to leave it so long before my next message, oh little ones.