PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyWest A320
Thread: SkyWest A320
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 11:54
evilc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy to put my hand up when I'm wrong... you are quite correct Wotwazthat. I just re-read the previous posts and you're spot on. The Skywest newsletter quoted by Topend on page 4 of this thread indeed indicates "early July" - my apologies.

Also, more than happy to agree with you - more aircraft, more jobs. Definately a good thing for the industry and, again, for the long suffering XR crew once it finally comes off. Not such good news for WAC, they seemed to be bursting at the seams last time I was through PER.

I guess the extra few weeks before the promised launch makes it a bit better for DJ, but still a big commitment for just a month or two. Especially if the tender is opened to all (and probably decided upon) during that time. My mail indicates DJ's internal processes to assess a new port runs for around 30 days with quite a significant resource allocation across the business to tick all the boxes. Guess they could do it faster if push comes to shove. I assume DJ have done their sums.

The extra couple of weeks that I am in error hasn't changed my mind, however. I still reckon its gunna be well after "early July". In fact I'm in print as saying it won't be till year's end. Yet still deathly silence from the XR boys in this forum when it comes to backing their published timeline. Just derision of my suggestion that it will be well afterwards. I just call it as I see it.