PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyWest A320
Thread: SkyWest A320
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 06:54
evilc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely not Chad.

Seemed you missed my point.... again. You just gotta stop reading my posts with such emotion. Take a few breaths before you read them and respond, then you might understand them a little better.

My point is not that DJ will be covering for XR while the 320 is processed. This is normal business practice, as you have rightly pointed out - something all airlines do, so not lost on me at all. The point of my post is that it seems very unusual that DJ would be investing so much time/money/effort (ground equipment in Cloudbreak, ground ops training etc etc) to operate on behalf of XR when the entry into service of the A320 (according to you guys) is just weeks away.

Hence my premise that the reluctance to put money where your mouth is (and I'm not actually asking for money - unlike some in this forum) must surely be based upon the fact that you guys might now also doubt the assertions of the early poster's on this thread.

Go back and read my initial posts... I have only ever taken you guys to task on the EIS schedule you believe is happening. My belief has always been that you are dreamin.... that's it, no sinister hidden agendas. I have never said it won't happen, eventually, just not in the time you guys were touting.

All I have seen so far are indicators that only confirm rather than dispel my assertions. Has the "G" registered A320 sitting on the fence at JHAS in MEL (as pictured earlier) actually entered the hangar yet for final EIS processes - final maintenance, CofA, CASA checks, partial evac demo etc?

Chad - I'll say it again so you aren't confused. I hope like crazy that the long suffering XR crew finally get their hands on the ship promised to them over 4 years ago. But if management are assuring you that it will happen by June (as they have bashed me with) then I guess you can only judge them, once again, on their performance.

I agreed to your bet Chad, I'll disappear if I'm wrong, yet you guys seem unwilling to back your assertions that the aircraft will be operational in June.