PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 14:59
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never painted them as brats. I only stated I have nothing in common with them. They don't have life or aviation experience. Only a very few are arrogant and spoiled, like anywhere else in the world.
You still are missing it.. There will never be expats in the US, UK, Aus. There is no demand, we have so many qualified pilots and a general aviation industry to grow more. India sends home more money from the US, UK, and many other countries, than any other nation on this planet. 1 in 6 doctors in the US is Indian. The reason they are working in the US is we need them. There aren't enouph qualified medical personel in the US. This is the way it works in any country. Do you find any 250hr US expats in the right seat of the 737 in India? Do you think it would be easy for this 250 hr person to get a job in India? Are there US flight instructors in India? Far more doors are open to Indians in other countries than India opens for other countries. India has taken more jobs due to outsourcing than just about any other country. There are millions without jobs in the US who would be more than happy to have there call center jobs back. This is why people don't feel real bad if 2000 expats come to India and send some money home. This is a global world now and you have sectors which open in other countries to you and you have sectors that open up to other countries. It has never and never will be a free for all. Look outside of aviation and see just how much Indians benefit from work and working abroad, as well as how many jobs are created from outside India companies.