PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 10:22
pilotara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you not welcome..... there Indians working all over the world. Don;t take it personally but a 250 hour pilot regardless of his nationality he is not suitable and safe behind an airplane such as B737, A320 etc etc. Get an instructor rating , instruct build time get experience.
When I was starting it took me 6 years before i get my first job as a airline pilot...and i was a foreigner too plus 9-11 plus my darker complexion etc etc...I did not expected a job with 250 hours. had to get to 2000 befor i get an interview !
I respected guys with more experience than me and i tried to pick their brains and learn....and I can care less of the nationality a well trained and experienced pilot is an ASSET for a company !!! instead of complaining about expats maybe you should see how you can better your self as an aviator and pay your dues like everyone else. Nothing comes easy in this line of work my friend and if you think i am harsh I am sorry but reality is tough !!! You want my advise, get an instructor rating and a college degree (if you don't have one), make your self more marketable and BELIEVE me your time will come !!!
And my friend GORA's cannot go and work anywhere they want and as they please......they have to be experienced. I am sure you don't see 250 hour GORA's working in India.. They all have alot of years of experience and thousands of hours.

Be safe