PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monday Pay Talks Deadline.......
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 21:53
AREA52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you 5mb

As for X,

As a fellow scot, I can understand why you might enjoy a cushy number, good salary, fun at work and lots of time off. No double nights up and working to SCRATCOH limits in extremely busy traffic for you then I guess.

Nice work if you can get it and I would probably feel the same as you in your position.

However, as dear old NATS gave me no other options, I ended up at LATCC and subsequently Swanwick, where the picture is not quite as rosy as you appear to imagine. Ask anyone at SCATCC who has managed the old LATCC/SCATCC shuffle?

As for not knowing house prices in Edinburgh, I am well aware of these, however, you do not have to live in the capital when you work at SCATCC, and can commute to EGPH if you work there from not to far away.

Unfortunately, house prices in London are not the only problem in England, anything South of Oxford in a half decent area is not that much less than London, and a lot more expensive than the rest of the UK, with the odd exception.

For those who work at SCATCC, I believe your reps were also aiming for a similar figure of £820 for sector 31/33 trials and any subsequent TOIL, but it would appear that some are happy with £500 or even £250, perhaps you would like to inform management, I don't think so!

Round 1 to me I think