PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monday Pay Talks Deadline.......
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 20:25
AREA52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to start a bun fight over this but I think a few points are being missed!

Yes 10% over two years is quite a good deal, however this is 9.7% over two years, of which you receive the equivalent of about an addional 2.65% within the two year period, due to the deferred payments. Yes you do receive 9.7% on basic in the end.

Also, this comes with strings attached, which was not part of the original aim. We all want rewarded for the job we already do.

Morale is so low at Swanwick (and not just in ATC), that most people wouldn't do O/T whatever the amount. Also, TOIL and accrued leave should be valued in accordance with the previous precedent set £820 per day plus inflation, and before anyone starts all units should be looking for this in the future when they get as bad as Swanwick is at present, believe me it is not too far away. Also, can we really do overtime whilst we are complaining about the screens and workload?

Use of non op days for op duties? this is why they were non op duties in the first place, because nobody wanted additional operational attendances. The next thing you know it will be compulsory OT then factored into basic pay at a lesser rate!

As regards the second 1.8% increase, call me a cynic, but in JAN2004, will this work in our favour for the next pay round. The management will say we have just had another 1.8% increase a month ago!

1261, if you are so keen, then why don't you come down to the sunny south coast and try your hand at Swanwick, where the houses are twice the price. You might then be able to afford one with all that overtime you would be doing, but you wouldn't have much of a life

Think twice before accepting!!!!!