PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Condolences' are not suitable fare for public display
Old 19th Jul 2002, 12:14
Irlandés

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must take this opportunity to thank Hoverman and Notsoneutral99. Both of you in your infinite wisdom are of course correct. I am not yet a professional pilot (as it states quite clealy in my profile) and as such who am I to have the audacity to give my opinion on such a matter! It doesn't matter of course that I'm studying for my CPL or that I've made a lot of sacrifices to have the opportunity to study for my CPL. No, you're right, that doesn't make me one of your oh so special 'club'. It is perfectly acceptable of you to be disdainful of anybody who might threaten your narrow way of looking at things. And no, don't worry about misrepresenting me, or what I have previously posted, or giving it a neanderthal interpretation that only serves to rest credibility from your own simplistic readings of other peoples' genuinely well intentioned ideas. And it's perfectly alright to attack me personally instead of simply dealing sensibly and intelligently with the issues. I understand it's an emotive issue and as such I understand perfectly your emotive responses. And of course being an emotive issue it's pefectly alright to leave intellect on the sidelines. I mean, that's what we as humans are good at as you both so cleverly demonstrate, is it not? And thanks for making posting on this forum such a positive experience. I mean, you guys in such a few lines have really taught me so much. I am truly humbled and quite firmly put in my place. I will of course thing more than twice before posting in the future. Keep up the good work!

Irlandés

P.S. The irony of my 'emotive' response does not escape me.

Last edited by Irlandés; 19th Jul 2002 at 12:17.