PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2010, 12:51
pilotara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as companies expand and the need for experience pilots is there , expats will always have a job. 250 and 550 hour pilots coming from flying cessnas getting their multi engine rating in the sim of a 737 or A320 its not safe. I fly in india and i have flown with guys that have been in the right seat for 2 years but the only thing they do is ...paperwork. Companies need experience pilots not wannabes. I have watched crews (majority Indians) coming on board of the plane 5-10 mins prior to schedule departure, no walk around no check list basically a very unsafe environment.
CRM is non existed and maintenance is getting better but still not up to the highest of standards. Indian Aviation is young and there is a lot of potential here .
Indian pilots work in a lot of companies outside india as expats (Qatar, Emirates, etc etc) and its ok for them but once they come back in India expats must go !!! In india everything is a copy of the western world. They want to be ''white'' gora as they say, the have copied every US or European show and lifestyle.
If expat pilots leave from India , the salaries of the local pilots will get reduced and they don't seem to get it. Indians cannot be trusted (my opinion) and I discovered that from the first month i came to India ''if you see a snake and an Indian on the street who would you kill first'' it was the phrase everyone told me to remember. Everything is about putting a show but when it comes to get things done the cannot comply....There is no airmanship and Indian Captains are apparently God's gift to aviation from personal experience even if they are wrong they will never admitted.
My contract comes to an end and despite the extension DGCA approved I have a lot of doubts about renewing it. I am doing contracts for few years now and I have to say that India has a long way to go.......Maybe one day !!!
Keep the blue side up and be safe