PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2010, 07:48
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldhave, i wouldn't stress to much about some post on this thread, Daddy-oh and co are long standing members of the Jet2 fan club, but being grateful for a commercial company fulfilling its contractual obligations!!!!!!

For many (even pilots!!) travel by air is a stressful and often unpleasant experience at the best of times and having an unplanned drive on the wrong side of the road half way accross Europe is not what a holiday is about, i applaud you for your efforts in helping your folks.

Jet2 have no obligation to pay compensation under the regulations however they are obliged to cough up for your expenses incurred whilst awaiting your flight home ie hotel and food, but not hire cars.

I think the regulations are correct in the support to stranded passengers, however the frame work should spell out how it is to be funded? we could face this again and i doubt that all airline could survive a month long shutdown.

It should be remembered that for a good number of people(Jet2 customers) are not on pilot type incomes with easy access to additional credit, my folks don't even have any credit cards! so other than the Euro's they take with them that all they have got! and that's why i won't let them use pure Loco carriers such as Jet2 or Easy, Thomas Cook and co have come out of this rather well, and Ho Daddy-ho don't go on about TC using Jet2 to get paxs home, TC just don't have the airlift capacity on what are 99% full flights to get everyone back, Jet2 have parked aircraft so its a win win