PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 20:45
wouldhave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of you have completely missed the irony in my point (no real surprise).

I was not expecting any recompense to go and collect my parents from France - this was my choice.

Also I think personal attacks on my parents are completely out of order but why should I be surprised having seen some of the mentality on here. Compton3bravo - you should perhaps realise that not everyone has the knowledge or indeed capabilities (my parents are getting on in years now) to to do everything or think of everything for themselves. They had managed to drive from Asturias to Paris and if you had actually watched all media channels including PPrune you would have seen and heard that bookings were not being accepted for foot passengers on ferries (only car bookings) but indeed there were up to 9 hour waits at many channel ports. As usual though the media only reports what it wants to - I drove through it - I saw it with my own eyes! Also the car hire company would only let them drop off at Paris - with both the spanish and french trains on strike were they supposed to walk to Calais?

My point was that some people on here are completely blinded by their loyalty to Jet 2.

What I was trying to point out is that the lack of support and information given to my parents was completely unacceptable like MOST airlines during this disaster and that the experience of my family unfortunately was with Jet 2.

Irrespective of whichever airline regulations state that EU261 information MUST be provided to passengers - they didnt - end of story.