PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC145
Thread: EC145
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2002, 22:19
tecpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't flown EC 145 in rain, but i never met a really dry helo. But Flare Dammit! it would be clever, to make a time or rain-intensity specification!
May be on a virgin ship, rain stays out for a couple of hours

@ Dynamic Component

EC 145 cabin is 1,5 ft longer and 30 inch wider than aboard the BK117. Floor is flat and long awaited without any center or door posts. On both sides is an aditionally window. That means 2 seats more than BK on a 3-2-3 seats arrangement (club seating). Clamshell and lateral outsize doors like the BK. New age pilot area, very good pilot view, glass cockpit (no more right sliding on approach for better view!!! ), including SPIFR AP. MR blades of new design and some other improvements should decrease vibrations and noise level and adds some pounds more gross weight (now 7830 lbs). Usable fuel (standard configuration) is 1525 lbs + 396 lbs long range fuel. According to the payload/range chart, up to 1800 lbs payload + 1 pilot, the ship can reach 360 NM standard and 440 NM long range. Cruising speed is 130-135 kt. VNE on max. gross weight 145 kt. If you like BK's handling and characteristics, (rigid rotor) the new ship could be right for you. At least i like the craft. EC 155 (deicing is coming) is an other class or take a view to Ft. Worth. A109 Power is faster but on max. fuel you have to fly alone with your boss. But you know, comparing helos is impossible. There are so much point of views and i get my money for flying!

Last edited by tecpilot; 19th Jul 2002 at 00:10.