PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A career in G.A? Possible...
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2010, 13:28
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been a few years since I was at the bottom end of the GA food chain but it was fun & you get a lot of good old fashion experience & meet a lot of characters along the way. I believe you learn more about airman-ship in those years you spend at grass roots level flying.
I would imagine it's not as plentiful as it was many years ago (flying GA machines) but like they say where there's a will there's a way I had the best of both worlds once upon a time. I worked in an allied industry to flying & flew part time to achieve what I have today, the best GA job there is, RUFDUS.Obviously that's not doable for most (two jobs, one flying) so it's up to the individual how bad they want it. I suspect a lot of pilots whom set out to stay in GA ended up in the Airlines for a whole heap of reasons & we each have our reasons as to why &/or why not (the Airlines).
It's not rocket science to fly a plane that's the easy part it's more do you enjoy it enough to struggle thru a good deal of yr working life not getting ahead as fast as yr mates sitting up there in the shinny jet? Now that's an individual thing right or wrong
GA will most likely give you the most fun, but 'fun' doesn't pay the bills as much!

Wmk2