PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airliners mixing it with gliders and puddle-jumpers?
Old 25th Apr 2010, 08:08
BugOutWest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class G Airspace and rights

Why? surely they have the same right as you in be in Class G airspace.
I don't dispute that; I complained about an airliner going over my house at 4,000ft, not about the one in the same Class G airspace as me.

Quote:
Why are they not above 5,500ft and in the controlled airspace?
The jet could have been on it's way back from an air test to the north or out of Cambridge. The a/c can't simply join controlled airspace at any level due to other traffic that may already be there.
I don't think you can have read my post: it was an Easyjet positioning flight that flew over my house. That doesn't sound like an air test.

It may have been more expeditious for the jet to join Luton at 4A so as not to get in the mix of Essex traffic.

The default clearance for aircraft coming out of Cambridge that want to join controlled airspace to the south is to fly towards Barkway at 2.4A and contact Essex Radar. Essex will then when able give that aircraft further climb and routing in instructions when it's safe to do so.
Thanks for the explanation, anyway.

This monitoring on my part came as a result of the flawed and aborted NATS consultation last year (or was it the year before). The argument was started among non-aviation types in the area about the base of the holds for STN and LTN, whereas my assertion has always been that the base altitude is immaterial: the aircraft will drop out of any stack when it can and make its way towards the approach at whatever altitude the captain decides with ATC. It's the general practice that we, the public, need to consider, not the holds and their altitudes.