PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2011 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2010, 23:31
Pilot Positive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to be negative, but when you see people that you know getting the job and not you just because of lack of money, you really are not happy.
This is the other side of P2F. Its tough on those who cant afford it and have merit to see those with money and no merit get jobs. It creates a culture of resentment.

VNA lotus, I do feel for you and I would say that you will probably be a better pilot and more experienced than some of your friends will be. I cant advocate P2F because the inherent industry change its likely to cause long term is one I dont relish. You're 24 so you are relatively young in this industry...which means you have plenty of time to see a variety of flying and to have some fun. That can only be a good thing.

And when you get to the flight deck of a shiney 80T mid tange jet (if thats what you want to do) you will have a respectable background of experience, earned your position and have some great stories to share. The kind of people I like to fly with.

PS alphaadrian. Yeah perhaps you're right mate. I have never had to pay for my training so I guess I'm a lucky one....however if I can just get through to 1 wannabee out of the 1000's out there then thats 1 wannabee less who is adding to the P2F culture. Still hurts me head tho