PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2011 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2010, 22:41
VNA Lotus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not be easily led to think that its simply a matter of money to get a job in aviation either or that the industry owes you a job just because you have money to spend. IT DOESN'T.
sorry but I don't agree...

first of all english's my second language. I got the CPL/IR/MCC/FI, 800 hours. (piston only). Finished my training 3 years ago and not a job... except flying in a flying club as FI (sometimes) cause it's a volunteer job here.

And honestly I did not know that it would be so difficult. Ok I knew it of course but not in this way.
Well, simply because, when I look all around me, all my friends that I knew during my training, most of them, I should say 90% of them, got a job as a FO 200hours, only because they paid a type rating!!
And I can tell you, some of them they are not necessary good pilot, or have good skills. Just because their parent have a high income they became pilot just to wear raybans and tie.
So please, pretty please, don't tell it is not a matter of money. It is only about that...

really I did not want to pay for any TR unless I have a job at the end (contract). But I am thinking about to pay a TR this year. It is not complicated they three type of aircraft anyway in this world: 320/737/ATR.

You know Facebook of course ?? ok so when you see all your friends getting a job one after one, just after a type rating and 200 hours. Your mind starts changing.

In the same time you hate them to kill this industry, you are jealous not having a lot of money like them. In the same time you think : ok if I don't do it, another person wil do and will take the right seat so....

sorry to be negative, but when you see people that you know getting the job and not you just because of lack of money, you really are not happy... I'm disappointed, because it is not my thoughts to pay for working but it seems to be the only way today.

Really I prefer the USA system, at least everybody starts in the same way. Beech/Focker/Airbus boeing... (impossible to have 200h and start in a 320 or else)

In europe this system is crap!! you can have 200h and being in a shiny jet (money money money). and you can have 1000 or 2000 hours (piston and hard working) and being unemployed!! tsss one word: unfair!

Don't attack me... I know I am right. Ok you will tell me some people find a job well paid with a type rating paid by the company. But it is just an insignificant number...