PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2010, 22:10
wouldhave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have maintained a silence on the Ash debate so far but some comments on here have prompted me to finally comment.

Will Jet 2 pay me for the lost wages I suffered when I had to take time out of work to drive to France to collect my parents after Jet 2 had abandoned them in Lanzarote or the ferry ticket or the petrol?

The office in ACE was only open for a couple of hours from 11am every day and the same people returned to the airport every day to queue for more information only to find there was none. There was no financial help offered and no information provided on EU261 regulations. They were left with no other option but to try and get a flight to the spanish mainland then try to hire a car and make their way north towards the channel ports - I finally met them in Paris.

I recommended Jet 2 to my parents as I had flown them before and had great experiences. I appreciate this was a difficult situation for all airlines but dont blind yourself by loyalty towards Jet 2. Very few airlines have come out of this with their reputation intact and Jet 2 certainly is not one of them!