PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Im in an unusual situation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 02:00
Trojan1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I can take any idiot off the street and teach him to fly, given enough time and money, but I don't want any idiot, I want pilots that get it right the first time, every time. I'll put up with you making one mistake. Under special circumstances I'll even put up with two. But if you need more than that to succeed as a military pilot, then you are not the pilot the military is looking for."
Yeah, you can't make big mistakes until you get to a squadron, dropping tripple sequential platforms on top of an infantry battalion rather than on the DZ next to them comes to mind. Oh and destroying fuel bowsers and runways at several SE Qld airfields, oh and flying through range trace zones at Singleton without clearance during live fire ex, which resulted in being told to bugger off before you are shot down by range control.....that was all in single squadron in one year. You know the situation is bad when the pongos are calling you unprofessional!

Go civvy Just because you were scrubbed doesn't mean you can't be a brilliant pilot. Why not be a reserve OPSO or LOGO for the extra cash and security while completing the CPL + ATPLs? There have been plenty of people in your situation and many have gone on to successful flying careers. Call a few schools and see what they can do for you.
If you are still keen on the ADF, I know at least one person who made it through after three attempts and is now (eight years later!) flying Tigers for AAvn.

Good luck