PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Im in an unusual situation
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2010, 06:25
elwoodb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, as for the raaf stuff all I know is that they are certain it works resonably well (although there is some rumbling about it from the really old guys about the changes made), guys get scrubbed that can complete course they just circumstances just dont permit it. We were out doing stuff in training that no other airforce does, such as turning rejoins in the FORM phase. They are also training guys to be single seat pilots that in theory (not practice) that can take the step up to the hawk, or other platforms so that in combat they can keep themselves and the ground troops alive!

wish2bflying: mate I know that feeling all too well, but only after failed rides, I never failed a scrub ride. I got scrubbed on a marginal, I had failed rides (and passed the re-fly's) gradually increased my warning's until a CO's warning. I got marged and the CO sent me on my way, not much I can do about it, a little annoyed I never got to fly with the CO or CFI so the decision was made purely of my hate sheets, even though my instructor and flight commander wanted to keep me flying and on course I still got scrubbed (both had flown with me).

Many thanks to everyone for the advice, the RAAF might not be an option, global downturn means for the first time in a long time they have enough recruits. Really dont want to do ATC or ACO the roso's are just to long to be not flying! Have a small amount of time to get myself sorted and work out which way to head, thanks for all the advice!

Cheers
Elwood