PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Old for the Emergency Exit?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 14:39
Final 3 Greens

Who sits at these exits is at the sole discretion of the CC in accordance with company policy.... end of. That said it does appear on face value Thompson CC could have handled this better and more sensitively.
With an ageing population, this comment from LCD is insightful, although it sounded to me as if it was the ground staff who were not as sensitive as they could have been.

In another 25 years, I'll be entering the zone where I may not be able to handle an exit or drive properly.

Not nice to think about, so I don't and I enjoy each day as it comes, but the point about how to manage the situation sensitively, but decisively, is well made.

A few years ago, I used to fly puddle jumpers with a guy who was late 60s and used to tap a few of us 'young uns' to sit in the right had seat for local flights - nothing was ever said, but I am sure it was his way of recognising that he wasn't as sharp as in years before and adding a bit of safety margin.

I hope when I am no longer able to sit by an exit, I'll recognise it and mke the decision for others, before others make it for me.