PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Exams Tagging Rules Changed
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 10:12
Xcel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check... what are we checking here...

isnt the exam to ensure the candidates have sound understanding and knowledge of the rules and regulations... If it is to ensure we know it and can find it in a timely manner then wtf - im sorry but when asked a question or referencing something at work i dont give myself 3 minuts per question to find it and then a big red alarm goes off and im fired...

If this is the case perhaps i should remove all of the tags from the company set of orders etc. or remove the search function from the casa website.. as it could be considered cheating during the course of work.

and heaven forbid i have a problem and cant find my emergency procedures for comms failures in my ERSA because i was forced to remove big red tag that says EMERGENCY...

seriously, just make it close book and be done with it... surely we can all recall the schedules in the 727 manual.

maybe we should make it closed book navigation too and forbid maps as it could be considered cheating.. surely every "professional" pilot if remembering every obscure ruling not applicable to daily life but comes up once in a while should be able to memorise every landmark from their route checks...

oh wait that would be ridiculous... thanks CASA for saving the day...

Last edited by Xcel; 21st Apr 2010 at 13:40.