PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Im in an unusual situation
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2010, 06:19
allthecoolnamesarego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....I work with a guy that got scrubbed from BFTS because he said "umm" too many times doing an impromtu dog and pony show..scrubbed , that's it, don't come back...strange way of picking if some has the apititude to adapt quickly to different situations.
OZBUSDRIVER.

I find that comment impossible to believe. There is absolutely NO WAY someone would get scrubbed for saying 'umm' too many times.

What usually happens when people tell you why they got scrubbed, is that they leave out a number of actual factors. I am not blaming them for this, it is a human trait to often 'hide' some of the factors, and it can be personally and professionally embarrassing to say "I wasn't good enough" or "I couldn't do it".

If you were to look at this guy/girls 'hate sheets' I'm POSITIVE you would find a trail of evidence behind the real reason they were scrubbed.

The RAAF has scrubbed people for Officer Qualities in the past (nothing to do with piloting skills) however this is exactly the same as any company that sacks a worker for inappropriate behaviour.

On the point of scrubbing people 'so close to the end', this occasionally happens because the system is trying its best to get the student through. Allowing them to continue to receive training right up to the point where it is no longer possible to continue.

The QFI's are (for the VAST MAJORITY) not the 'old school' QFI's of 20 years ago. All are trying to get the students through, but as mentioned by CSD, the RAAF demands the best, so it is a hard course that requires meeting a certain level in a certain time, no apologies are made for this.

In the civil world, companies will keep taking your money no matter how bad you are; I know of one company that continued to take money for a student who took in excess of 50 hours to go SOLO.

The one thing you can be sure of, is that it is never 'one thing' that causes people to fail. They fail because of a repeated inability to make the grade.

With all due respect to your work mate, I would not believe that he got scrubbed for too many 'ummms'