PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Exams Tagging Rules Changed
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 12:06
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just booked for Air Law on 24/4/10, the last pre 3/5/10 sitting at YPPF. I reckon I'll put tags in my charts just because I can. No legitimate reason really. Maybe I'll tag ERC1 with and ERC1 tag etc.

I cannot imagine sitting Flight Planning without my tags. The index is shocking, the text is of questionable legibility, most of the pages looks so damn similar to about 30 others (cruise scheds) and there's very little logic in the way it is laid out. If it was a cockpit it would be banned by and self-respecting Authority for such woeful ergonomics, prone to human error.

Here's an idea, if you chop off the top cm of the book carefully leaving little chads (thank you US election of 2000 for my knowledge of that word) where the tags were would you be in contravention of the "Updated Policy"? What if you get a drill and carefully make those little indentations as seen in fancy dictionaries and encyclopedia?

What a ridiculous rule. God help you who sit Flight Planning post 3-may-2010.

FRQ CB

I shall dub the first method above (cutting most of the top cm off) the FRQ CB Stone Carving method based on my HS art teached who said that sculpting a human head was easy, you just chisel off everything that doesn't look like a human head. Just cut off every bit of paper that doesn't look like a tag.

Last edited by FRQ Charlie Bravo; 20th Apr 2010 at 12:12. Reason: To assert the naming rights to my idea