PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth to invest in type rating?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 03:49
flyhelico

Location: >>>My profile has been hacked by a stupid 20 yo moderator<<<...somewhere where people don't speak english! don't point at my mistakes unless you are at ICAO level 7.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 320 rating, did it in 2007.

totally useless these days.
If I want a job now, I have to spend 50'000$ for 500 hours, and take all the risks (airline bankrupt, no respect of contract)

for this reason, I have decided to not pursue this route. I lost lot of money but won't lose anymore.I prefer to wait.

Some of my friends have decided to pay to fly, they are in trouble now.... Crisis, ash,....

If you have money to waste, go for it...a type rating worths nothing if there is no job after.You will maybe just get a personal satisfaction and you can show to your girlfriend that you can legally fly a jet...

pilots in my opinion are just some suckers, egocentric people, selfish, people living with money they don't have, with mom and dad who can lose their house just to satisfy some kids' dream...(anyway you get the picture!)

I have been one of these suckers, now I have changed, and when I look at all these suckers who pay to work and say they will do everything to get a job , I have a big laugh, because I think this industry go nowhere.

You don't resolve problem just by throwing money in type ratings.