PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Exams Tagging Rules Changed
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 02:46
Steve888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh where do I begin...

1. (i) CAR (1988) ... – no tag permitted
2. CAO – no tag permitted
Because the CAO and CAR has such a fantastic contents and index pages already doesn't it. Oh wait, it doesn't. It takes me long enough to look up things in them with my dozen tags already there.

The new policy will specify which exam-permitted documents may have tags and their respective maximum number. This will actually make the role of tags more effective and thus benefit exam candidates.
My AIP currently has 28 tags ranging from VMC criteria to IFR take off minima. I can turn to any of the major topics that are in the AIP for the CPL and CIR syllabus in roughly 5 seconds. Going through the index, trying to find the right place would take considerably longer. Especially since a lot of the smaller references arn't in the index, or are part of a larger section.

the supervisor is confronted with a security situation which may adversely affect his/her primary supervisory role
What? Are they going to ban small plastic sticking tags going through airport security next?

As the purpose of tags is to swiftly and precisely locate a selected number of the more-frequently referenced sections in publications
Which is precisely what I've done with my dozen tags in the CAO and over two dozen tags in AIP. Where did I find this information in the first place? The index. All I'm doing is cutting out the searching time by doing it before hand and not in time critical and stressful exams.