PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message of support for stranded crews
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2010, 15:43
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HZ123 I see from your profile you are a ramp trainer, God help your trainee's if you display the same ignorance to them you have displayed here.

The pax are indeed a concern here. That is why airlines and now even the goverment are doing all they can to address this situation.

When pax go on their hols they budget and plan for their time away. CC are no different. I have friends stuck in the carribean at the moment who are not enjoying their "free holiday" as you put it as they have commitments at home. Also spare a thought for those stuck in the less desirable places, Lagos or Djibouti for example.

My friend works for Monarch. They do a charter to Hassi Massoud. Thats a sandpit in the middle of nowhere. It's 50 degrees there. Armed guards are in evidence all around because of safety/security concerns. Would you fancy a week there especially when you were expecting to do a there and back and probably only have one pair of undies with you

I'm CC and fortunate enough to be stuck at home. I use the word fortunate loosely as I am loosing around half my salary as I am not flying. At least though I'm near my daughter and family.

Think before you post such ill informed drivel. When my daughter was younger I used to tell her "if you can't think of something positive to say then say nothing at all".

FF2 I'm sure my colleagues away would be very appreciative of your thoughts