PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forget Expats.. where are the Indian Commanders going ?
Old 16th Apr 2010, 18:00
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are absolutly one of the best paid labor in India. Not that it is not deserving, but they live way beyond what most pilots in the world do.
Jimmy, I would like to remind you while you may be in a hurry to get ride of all foriegn workers in your country and only take care of yourselfs, you should remember there are a few countries in this world who provide India with hundreds of thousands of jobs. You folks have no problem taking foriegn employment, but don't see the long term benifits of opening your country up to others.
I have flown with several great Indian pilots in the US. The difference between those I fly with there and many of the guys complaining at my present company is the first were qualified. You can't even flight instruct with 250hrs in the US. I love it when I am told by a 500hr guy that I shouldn't be here because the US won't employ him. They would employ him if he had a green card and was actually qualified to be hired.
Don't get too near sighted to see how many jobs are provided to your country by the countries of the pilots you want gone. And remember for every job sent to India, a job is lost in that country. I think you will agree we have lost many more jobs to India than the expats have taken. It's not even close..