PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2010, 10:08
Capt Apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We (Indian wannabes and employed pilots) were born here, have grown up here and lived here for the past 20-30 years dealing with this monster of a bureaucracy and the system in place affecting us in almost every aspect of our daily lives.

I think this whole argument has less to do with safety and more to do with 'We had it tough,so you should have it tougher'....We already did... by the time we grew into our teens

Forget 5 times my flying experience buddy, you may have 10 times the experience on multi engine aircraft and an ATPL, YET, you will be placed in the VERY SAME CATEGORY along with all the other thousands of CPL holders with 200 hours whenever any airline starts hiring here
You are absolutely right.You can go to Africa and get tons of experience .But if you don't have the money for endorsement on that Great Big Jet...You will still be nowhere.

You were once inside the system, being a TRE how much dent could you make into these barriers, and how much do you expect the 250 hrs wonder to make while he is still outside the whorehouse, and desperate to get in.
That pretty much sums it up for the Top Tups...Expect a 250 hr guy to change the world instead of trying to get a job.

So excuse me if the Indian pilot hasn’t the integrity to respect the expat pilot who can park and taxi his own aircraft without a wing-walker, who is able to safely refuel a light aircraft, who can tell you in great detail about Frise Ailerons, about a variable incidence elevator, about trim tab positioning and usage, about vortex generators, sweep, dihedral vs anhedral, about every antenna, receiver, transmitter and wire placed on, beside or on top of the fuselage: all borne out of cleaning and polishing an aircraft and learning as they go.

And you still think you are not biased.I thought you only had problems with people who cant fly raw data, but it looks like we dont know anything at all Sir...I am sorry we exist.