PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Volcanic ash cloud and Private / VFR flying (merged)
Old 16th Apr 2010, 00:23
eharding

A little less conversation,
a little more aviation...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabin doors 2 manual
If you are referring to me then perhaps you should know I'm currently an instructor flying about 900 hours a year. I've ferried planes across the atlanic, across europe to the middle east and down through Africa in my past. I've flown in conditions some of you couldn't even imagine.
Can I just stop you there, because you're on the verge of going overboard, and your next stop if unrestrained will be "All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain", and we'll have to assume you're sporting a monumentally dodgy mullet.

Originally Posted by Cabin doors 2 manual
The ash plume you see on TV is a few hundreds metres across at the volcano. By the time it reaches the UK that has spread to a few hundred miles across. The contents of the plume are the same but why do some people on this forum still think you would see the ash when its spread that far apart?
This is, however, the basis of homeopathy - take something potent, dilute it by so many orders of magnitude that the only means of detecting it is purely an act of faith, and convince the gullible that the act of dilution actually enhances the potency of the original ingredient.