PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is "Abbots"?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 10:37
Stan Sted

PPRuNe Bashmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Yep I know about the usual requirements for naming waypoints etc but sooner or later they are going to run out of ideas and may have to make 'em longer!

If everyone can cope with VORs with names as long as Brookmans Park, Lambourne and Barkway etc they could soon get to grips with my ideas.

As for Southwold I will be sailing into the harbour tomorrow, having a quick one ( perhaps a pint of Broadside to maintain the nautical theme) at the Ferry Inn next to the moorings then strolling up to the town for a nice crab salad supper at the Sole Bay Inn, directly opposite the brewery.

You are right about Adnams being a step back in time with drays delivering to pubs around the town. But their beer is top notch and you can't beat any Adnams ale served in the brewery's own pubs in Southwold.

My children loved the place when they were younger and were always happy to spend our annual fortnight's summer holiday there. We always rented houses near the brewery and the smell of mashing in the morning always set me up for a pint at lunchtime. Can't wait to get back there again tomorrow.

SS