PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats the scoop on "Lionair"
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 10:34
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
126.9 - I also will reply and then I agree that we let this drop, or this may become one of the more active forums!!

Some thoughts from a moderator:

1) You will note that I am not a moderator of RP - only this public forum, so I had no choice in the move here - just had to 'catch it'.

2) Your observation on the 'ethos' of RP is accurate. You will note, however, that the 'mover' has, quite correctly, left the redirected thread title in place (page 2 at this moment). It was not deleted.

3) I assume the move took place to avoid yet another outbreak of 'Guv bashing' which consumes bandwidth and gets silly. It has been left in the public domain. I know that the hierachy of Pprune
do not wish to give free publicity to this and previous 'ventures' and are anxious (like you, presumably?) that anyone contemplating taking part does adequate research. There is, after all, an enormous amount of information on PPrune already about this person and his 'ventures' (search for 'the guv' and be prepared for a long stint at the mouse).

4) If you feel so strongly that the 'ethos' of RP has been breached, I'm sure Danny would be ready to discuss this with you. The 'contact us' link below will take you to the 'head office'.

"Once again you people have succeeded in displaying that it is a free world out there; as long as you get to dictate the freedoms.".

Please remember that it is Danny's train set as they say, so he has every right to dictate the freedoms.