PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL command from RHS?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2001, 22:16
socrates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Sorry, but on inspection I cannot see where I said that its a requirement to have an FI rating to sit on the right hand seat.

As for logging PIC/SPIC I am fully aware of the rules governing who may log what, when and how, but thankyou for the input.

As for your comment about the spinning/crashed aircraft I fail to understand your point.

Typically, on a training aircraft, such as PA28 to which you refer, there is no ASI on the RHS. How this is related to the inability/failure to recover from a spin by an instructor being unable to read it clearly is beyond me. An integral part of instructor training is, I believe, spin recovery.

When an aircraft is entered into a spin it is generally stalled, and therefore the ASI reading is relatively low. The most reliable instrument during a spin is the turn co-ordinator; this indicates the direction of the spin and allows for correct spin recovery initiation.

From memory, during my training I only look at the ASI once the aircraft is recovered from the spin to ensure that the airframe is not overloaded in the ensueing dive, at which point the a/c is eased out of that dive.

Maybe this is the situation that allowed the accident in which you refer to develop. Maybe you could elicit further details and post them here.