PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 13:47
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still fail to understand how all the expats continue to paint all Indian national wannabes and employed pilots with the same brush.

On an average, expats have lived and worked in India for at the most 4-5 years.

We (Indian wannabes and employed pilots) were born here, have grown up here and lived here for the past 20-30 years dealing with this monster of a bureaucracy and the system in place affecting us in almost every aspect of our daily lives.

Whether it is the frustration in getting your name registered on election rolls, getting a voter card, the exasperation of trying to get a driver's licence honestly, a ration card, dealing with the rude, retarded government officers and employees of the telephone department, the electricity board .. all the way up to dealing with the WPC or the DGCA etc ...
we know the harsh realities ... and most expats Im afraid conveniently ignore all these facts before posting and/or bashing up the Indian wannabes and aspirants.

Back to the topic ...

For the last time ... not all wannabes are simply sitting at home waiting for a miracle to happen.

Many of us have tried to look for work in the USA/Canada/Australia/NZ/Middle East as flight instructors, ground instructors or dispatchers.
So far, nothing has worked out on that front for various reasons I mentioned in an earlier post.

Yes, a couple of my friends are working in the USA right now as flight instructors and are getting close to an FAA ATP. BUT these guys are Green Card (permanent residents) of the USA and hence have the right to work there.
Yeah, there are a few others whom I know are working in USA and Canada, but they are all paying to fly.
They paid school for instructor ratings and are now paying for logging a certain number of "dual given" time in their logbooks, and also paying for accomodation and are getting ZERO SALARY.

There are a few other guys working in some flight schools in Texas as flight instructors for free, and in their part time are working illegally in gas stations, malls and hotels/motels.

Yes, there's ofcourse the option of marrying an American girl (plenty available on contract who do it for $$$) and thereby get USA/Canada residency, but no thanks ! .. Im happy with my current status here at home.

I'd rather wait patiently for an airline/charter job here in India, meanwhile being occupied with other work and refreshing my knowledge/concepts on aviation subjects, rather than prostituting myself in foreign land.

(btw .. a few guys I know are planning to do that soon ... the marrying an American/Canadian woman option .. they aparently were inspired by some of the expats's posts here and are determined to struggle their way up )