PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 15th Apr 2010, 09:07
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't Tell Him Pike, you are an
5 Miles
You could always go in to work on a day off for a briefing, as you expect your Union Reps to do. How many briefing are they expected to give? How much of their spare time are they expected to give up? And you can't be bothered to give up an hour or two of your own time.
Just plain lazy!
3 of the 4 were days off ie the briefings notice was posted while I was NOT in work so I didn't see there were any briefings until I came into work on the day that the last briefing was taking place. On that day I was in the simulators examining, the final exercise completely clashed with the briefing so there was no chance of being released to go to it. We couldn't move the last exercise due to the emergency DD&C as the simulators had to be handed to the system engineers to start reconfiguring it. What's the point of jumping down someone's throat, could you not just post what you know about the briefings? Would have saved you being thrown a shovel load back.

I'm still not much wiser even since talking to my colleagues, they were in the same boat, only knew about the briefings on the final day & not many could be released from the ops room. The union really do need to be shaken up as the standard of their work is getting embarrassing.