PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Aircraft Collide @ Darwin
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 01:15
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just don't forget this fella has been flying up here for years and years and years incident free. Why he did what he did???????? but accidents do happen thats why we have insurance, fine might not have been the most intelligent manouvre in the world and yes hindsight is a wonderful thing. Lets face who hasn't done something amazingly stupid in their life...

As for swinging props it is ESSENTIAL that you be trainned correctly, go now stop reading and check out your company ops manual, my geuss is that there is a section in there that prohibts you from hand swinging props.

On the other side it is a piece of p*ss and very safe to do if done correctly although it should be a last resort, yes the start stick is good but $$$ How many of you know how to start lets say a C210 with normal jumper leads??? Can you jump a 24V system from a 12V car battery??? What I am getting at is if you want to be a bush pilot go learn the skills that will get you out the poo with out ending up in the poo poo...

Look at history Crash Test Dummy on Bathurst Island - PLANE written off with a full throttle no chocks hand swing (and lucky to be alive), Adelaide early this year??? Now this???

The hardest hand swing i've ever done was a Bonanza that was hot... what a b*astard... p.s. Who knows if and how to handswing a Chief???

HA...