PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 00:27
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dagar

Not sure what points you're trying to make here, as I didn't say Indian air force pilots were no good as pilots. I did imply certain good old boy attitudes exist (which are evident in our own air force pilots) but when you have 'attitude' you may have to deliver. Many don't deliver, regardless of whether or not they're ex-air force or civilian. But again, that wasn't my point. The good old boys club was the point I'd hoped you were clever enough to catch. The cracker is the DGCAs' concern that expats pose security concerns for Indian national security. What? Like Google Earth doesn't?

Red Flag. OK, I guess the only come back I have for that one is check out the Canadian Air Forces' contributions. You'll find they do pretty well for themselves as well. So, good for us (Canada and India).

I know a number of Canadian pilots with SIA, and it's no surprise they don't actively recruit pilots in Canada. Recruiting pilots in India doesn't say a lot. Although, with the boom in Indian aviation, why would an Indian national look for a flying in job anywhere else? It may have more to do with the cultural fabric of Singapore than any connection with Canada. More Indian lineage in Singapura than white anglo saxon. Just sayin'...although if many more of you guys immigrate to Canada, I may have just the connection with India I need. yeah?
Cathay Pacific recruit here, does that count?

rdr

Well said.

Willie
(Like your Tourism Board says, Incredible India. An amazing country.)

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 14th Apr 2010 at 00:47.