PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Cruise FO: Accepting Interest...
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 13:06
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
With all due respect NGsim, the pilots I was talking about have vastly more experience than either the QFlink mins or the VB mins or the Jetstar mins or the Tiger mins or the QF mins or even the new REX mins for that matter. Generally what they lack is significant jet time, or more to the point in excess of 2000 hours on Jet A/C above 40 tonnes! Without that, as far as VA is concerned, they're in the back indefinitely! Truth is even the SFO's road to promotion is now looking long and uncertain!

But trust me, in the current climate VA was probably the worst choice they could have made. A little more patience, and a little less wide jet syndrome maybe, and most would certainly have found themselves in a better career situation. I know 10,000 hour + Air Transport pilots that have left solid jobs to go and sit in the back at VA for less than half the money. It really does begger belief.

The VA CFO's with only, or not much more than min requirements for that position, well that's another story, and I take your point.

As for Blind Freddy and the Village Idiot, have another read of my post. They're the one's that can see the deal for what it is and have steered clear!

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 13th Apr 2010 at 21:31.