PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in/around Edinburgh
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 11:41
CraigJL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but it does not necessarily mean it is fact.

6 lessons a year? I don't think so. If that were to be the case, I would book a double, or on the next day to make up for it. This 'system' works for me, and I've never had a lesson repeated for having "forgotten" anything.

As I previously mentioned, there are legal age issues which mean I cannot blitz the course in a few months, as much as I would like to.

Flying is not just about blitzing the course to get a brown coloured wallet at the end of it. Regardless if I don't get my PPL until 70 hours, it's still 70 hours of flying and consolidation, and of fun and enjoyment in the air.

The pace of my lessons will increase during the holidays, and when I'm closer to 17 [which is in a year] and I need to fit at LEAST another 20-odd hours of flying before then.

Rest assured, I can certainly apply myself to a subject, given the appropriate conditions, but I'm along way off starting a career in aviation, so meantime it's served as a very enjoyable hobby which I partake in once a month/every 3 weeks depending on the circumstances.

The customer is always right, and in this case, I'm delighted with how things are going.

P.S - To stay remotely on topic, I'm at Cumbernauld in the DA-20s.