PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyWest A320
Thread: SkyWest A320
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2010, 11:10
evilc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chad

Pitty Cunninglinguist didn't take that bet 4 odd years ago given his quote in a previous post:

"It's amazing how you crankers can turn your own bull back onto me, I'm not the one who stated catergorically 4years ago " Skywest will definitely be operating 3-4 A320s within 6 months "."

Having said that I guess your challenge is a fair call Chad. I'm happy to put up or shut up. But we best set the ground rules first - A320 (VH-FNP from all reports) on the XR AOC under RPT in the Ops Specs with RNP-10 and RVSM approvals, plus exemption to operate on 30m runways (otherwise Cloudbreak would be out from my look in the ERSA). First commercial sector (carrying paying pax) before midnight on 31st Dec 2010. Sound fair?

Given CASA's service delivery standard of 130 business days (5.9 months) for the task of adding a new fleet type to an AOC we would need overuns of around 2 months. The aircraft came into Oz a "G" registered ship then I'm guessing the CofA is still not complete, so overrun possible.....

Now, the XR boys are saying "operating by June" in their posts. I'm sticking my neck out, so what will you boys offer if the aircraft is not operating by then? In fact I'll give you some grace.... lets say August 1st and I'll even waiver the 30m runway bit cause I have heard those "safety case" thingies are hard work. Sound fair?

Off to bed now as I'm a tad tired from researching all the stuff I know nothing about. So I'll check back tomorrow on your counter bet.