PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious UAS Question
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2002, 15:08
zerospeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I quite frankly had to post a reply, as i could not believe the amount of whining/complaining about UAS's on this thread. I went to a good uni and studied civil engineering, which involved 36hrs a week plus labs. I went to the squadron every weekend and for the summer/easter camps. I easily finished the course and then some, got a good degree and had the time of my life. I made some of my best friends through the UAS, drank till I bled and shagged till it was raw. Also whilst I was there 4 JEFTS studes did their cse on my UAS and i believe this still occurs on a regular basis. In terms of people getting into the RAF, it was only the OASC idiots who turned away the highly motivated and able people. Do they really think they know a person better in 4 days than the staff who've known them for 2/3 years and flown with them to boot. If there is any wastage on the UAS it's turning away the good eggs found. In my year there were seven of us who are now in and i'm front line at a very respectable age thanks to the system. UAS is a very cost effective and blindingly good fun system, may it stay forever!