PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1 July Contracts?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2002, 12:56
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HotDog, as you are well aware the change is in the philosophical attitude displayed between management and aircrew. A Captain in a mature organisation knows that he will be protected - even if he makes and admits to an honest mistake. Would that be the case at CX now? Would have to say I would hope so. The meetings between AOA, aircrew and managment to discuss the next years remuneration packages were gentlemenly type affairs where the most difficult question was, who will pay for the drinks after. I wasn't there at the time but I believe a 3per cent pay cut was voted in at one of these meetings. Could it have been that PS, being a pilot himself, knew how to relate to us? You know, most other professions find us quite daunting as we actually enjoy what we do. We have a 'get the job done' attitude which has been abused at many organisations around the world. But at the end of the day would you want to be anything else? A bank teller maybe or an economist or a box packer. No wonder they hate us, we have good hand eye co-ordination, are reasonably intelligent and generally quite articulate. Hey and the girls love us. More power to pilots.