PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PM 'Disrespect' Armed Forces
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 23:54
Samuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An outsider looking in!

Well, he's not my PM, so I can say what I like about him being one of a government comprised of more clinically barking-mad people the UK has ever seen. I do think one or two people here might have the wrong view and are confusing loyalty,[and yes, I have one of those parchment thingies!] to an elected PM with personal opinion, and in this regard I'm sure that no one could doubt Beharry is entitled to his! Good on him for expressing his personal affront to a man who has clearly let him and his mates down. I doubt very much if Brown was a aware he been snubbed, because for him to do so would give him a sensitivity he clearly wouldn't understand. It may well have been the convention once upon a time for all of us to avoid embarrassing those in high office, but times have changed, along with the more overt standard of lies inflicted on the armed forces, and in fact the whole country.

I'd like to think I might do what Beharry did, but then every annual assessment I ever had mentioned that I didn't suffer fools gladly!