PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Academy fatal midair in Arizona
Old 9th Apr 2010, 13:32
VC10 Rib22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverserbucket,

I agree that there were two students onboard but where does the rest of your information come from?
Firstly, thanks for agreeing. Now, there's been an aircraft accident, so where would I get my information from:

(a) Make it up
(b) Ask my milkman
(c) Rely on the amazingly accurate reporting of aircraft accidents normally found in any newspaper
(d) Wait for and read the official narrative of the accident from the National Transportation safety Board

The accident did not occur in the vicinity of the TFD hold.
Where did I say that it did? Perhaps I shouldn't expect others to know or research whether there is more than one hold associated with any particular airfield. Had you clicked on my Phoenix Practice Area link above you would have seen this. For my part I shall be sure to specify the holding pattern in future for those who neither read NTSB reports or click on links provided.

I'm certain that comments such as
Quote:
Fate was indeed the hunter!

Quote:
a situation that could give you a closer shave than Gillette

Quote:
the next arrow hurtling at you at high speed from your 5 o'clock might just be made by Piper.

although likely amusing to someone with a particularly juvenile sense of humour don't help the very capable and unfortunate instructor onboard '94T that morning sleep any better at night.
I'm afraid you have misread my tone, which was intended to be of a solemn nature. I try to limit the use of smilies but in this case pretend there is a at the end of those three lines.

As you deem the instructor to be very capable I am going to take from that that you know him personally. If he is having trouble sleeping at night be sure he seeks assistance from an FAA MD or JAA AME, for fear that any associated tiredness may affect his ability to perform cockpit duties, including lookout, to the required standard - I recommend David Bryman, thoroughly nice chap, authorised by both the FAA and JAA and currently President of the Civil Aviation Medical Association. Otherwise tell him to drink some hot chocolate. (This is for you------>)

Probably at RYR now I guess
Guess all you want. My wife, my lawyer and my God know. You don't need to. For all the many cons associated with Ryanair, if you were given the choice of flying NGs over Europe for Ryanair or claiming benefits, what would you choose?

VC10 Rib22