PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flare Mode on A320
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2010, 06:33
fredgrav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry shortfuel, as said before, everybody makes mistakes !

In the Safety Magazine that Airbus mailed to me last month (February 2010) there's a big item on the topic, titled "A320 Family/ Evolution of ground spoiler logic". I've just posted it and can be now downloaded by the following link:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

To summarize the whole item:

Runway excursion and hard landing events have prompted Airbus to develop a new standard of Spoiler Elevator Computer, the SEC 120. Expansion of the ground spoiler extension conditions means that the spoilers will extend even when the speed brake and/or thrust levers are in inappropriate positions, thereby improving the aircraft’s deceleration on ground. In addition, a new ground spoiler partial extension logic has been developed to limit bounces that may lead to hard landings.

To summarize, the SEC standard 120 provides means to reduce:

- Runway excursions by enabling:

• Arming of the ground spoilers even when the speed brake lever is not retracted.

• Extension of the ground spoilers even with a thrust lever above the Idle position.

- Hard landings by minimizing:

• The number and amplitude of bounces by triggering partial spoiler extension at touchdown even with both thrust levers in the ATHR position.

Note: In autoland, the ground spoilers fully extend at half speed one second after both main landing gear touch down.

I noticed that some FCOM's include the note and some do not: at that point, I'm left to think that, as you previously said, the A/LND GND SPLRS logic may change on some MSN's ...

Cheers,

fredgrav

Last edited by fredgrav; 9th Apr 2010 at 08:08.