PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government "Bans noisy aircraft"
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2010, 12:30
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remeber BAC were sick of the fee's not being paid,you know how airports get when they are owed money !
Someone (not me of course ) suggested that dragging it onto Airport Drive and sticking a 4 SALE $5000 ONO sign in the cockpit window was probably the best way to get any money...

There was a story kicking around that one day it had parked at the ITB next to a kiwi pax flight and all the boarding kiwi pax were treated to a stunning view when the Antonov's (rather tubby and very hairy) PIC climbed out of his aircraft wearing nothing but jocks and soap on a rope, strolled over to the bay's emergency shower and started lathering up. Apparently the aerobridge glass was a sea of shocked faces.

I don't know where it went in the end, someone came and flew it away after a lot of maintenance work. Nobody thought it would make it over the fence, but they must have chased the rats out and found some new wheels. It had feral pigeons, too, and was pretty filthy when it was still flying, so I'd hate to think what it smelled like when the engineers got to it . I thought there were still quite a few AN12s in Eastern Europe.